Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town's Trust
then you can buy a resource in low quantities and at a higher price from merchants. please note i used holy water as an example
I'm always quite amazed at how quickly things fall to such bickering a.

I agree with former statements. That until Aster speaks, all is speculation.
Last I recall, Kora, you were not leader
Moulder was simply inquiring about how this policy works, as I was.
This has a strange hostility about it, that makes discussing it difficult
It would be nice if that was avoided.
Say we have 35 townspeople. No one pays the extra gold, everyone just pays the one. Some guy comes into town with something we really need for 35 gold coins.

5 of the townspeople say, I don't have gold. I'm going to donate components, holy water, and a pretty leaf we found in the woods. So we end up having 30 gold and 5 gold worth of items.

Guy with thing says "what is this? You think this is currency? It's a bug a stick and a vial of water"

Town doesn't get what we need. And is then not able to perform task at hand.

Our leader Aster has asked for a gold. A single gold. One coin. ONE. COIN.
From each of us. She is our leader that we all voted for and promised to follow.

And I do repeat. My two for Aster.

We said that because she is the leader. Her word is law.
Also i never planed to give out FREE holy water for rites that aren't my own projects, and we may need it as a RESOURCE for many rites in large quantities
ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH.
Moulder enough is enough please. Can we not have one commentary without it turning into some disgusting dispute? I'm so sick of reading such.

It's a single gold. It must be 1 gold or 10 silver per gathering. You can not pay in 'equivalents'. No sword, shields, potions holy water, NO.

It's much more beneficial it to the town to pay in actual currency. It's a town tax, if we collected items and vials towards the town tax the treasury would be filled with junk.

We're done disputing this.
No I know I am not leader I am simply frustrated as to why anyone would complain and try to skitter around a single coin...for what has it been now 4 pages worth of parchment?
Aster asked for coin for a reason I am sure and not materials or components. She is smart enough to have put that in the original post I believe if that was her intention to have ITEMS as well as coin in the town's coffers.
I can understand what Moulder is trying to get at, I know holy water does have a small value to it since it takes some form of coin to even make a single bottle of holy water. Sadly Moulder it would be much more beneficial if we had the actual Gold coin since it eases transport and is very much a form of common currency. If you wish I'm very sure Feliks would be more then happy to buy your holy water and you can use the money you receive to help the town in a larger scale. By the goddess I have given gold to the farmer and told her to use it to buy wheat and leave to restart a new farm, I've given Ellywick 2 gold pieces so he can gain a magic trinket that he was wanting. It makes me feel warm inside knowing that something simple can effect so much in town.
Moulder, should you not have 1 gold to pay for your taxes, rest assured that I will buy whatever items you may have of worth that you'd wish to sell instead. That goes for anyone that has boundless amounts of holy water or what have you but no coin.

Aster needs coin for the specific reason Scout mentioned above. When a ritual needs to be completed, and we need 100 gold, we will take so from the Town Trust.

Respectfully,
1 Gold per towns member. 10 silver will also be accepted as the 1 gold.
if you wish to donate more this will be appreciated and recognized

This fund is only going to be a collection of gold. If someone feels like there needs to be a way to hold onto other resources then we can figure something out during the next gathering.

I am sure many of the aspiring merchants in this town will be more than willing to buy any ones wares to convert that resource into the 1 gold that will be needed to add to the Town Trust.

For anyone not willing to pay the 1 gold a gathering will honestly only be hurting themselves. We already see here what the attitude towards someone that is not willing to pay the 1 gold, do you really want to be that person in town that is known for not being a team player?

But in the event that a towns member refuses to participate, after the fifth gathering of not aiding, this is when serious action will be taken. May it be back pay and/or abandonment.

As for the argument of "what if I don't have the money for it", has that ever actually happened to you for an entire gathering. You can seriously say you've gone a full three days of not having 1 gold in your hand or 10 silver in your pocket. 
And if you truly are this poor in coin I have seen many towns folk in this town reach in their pocket and handed gold over when someone asked for it. 
This town is full of good people.