Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porthouse's new "Guild"
And what part of town would you like?
I like many others see only one point to this guild. You seek to pay for the notoriety you already possess. As far as the town is concerned you already own the land in low town. So you place a 170 gold price tag on people calling you sir? Well the man I know would never make such a foolish investment. So what are you after? It's not popularity or fame as even the new comers to town know of porthos and his treasure trove of gold. It can't be a seat on the council as it is my understanding that you turned down the merchant guild head seat. So porthos what are you after? This is not to say that a donation such as yours would not be monumental and fitting of a contribution you can make but if you are to go through with this at least be transparent as to its meaning please.
Porthouse, since you want your areas boundaries included building, it will be wise to ask Umbral permission because Umbral build it for us, not just you and your guild.
May i reccomend waiting until we at least find out who holds the deeds and rights to this land?
why dont we try finding the King first.
He'd be the one to hold any rights to this land
Ok, Raynor, thank you for asking in such a complete and well thought out logical way. your points are very valid.

To know what am doing, you need to know abit about me. I dont talk about my background much sooooo here we go.
I was born VERY poor. like traveling circus poor . I have always been trying to buy my way into nobility since before that 500 year sleep.
but back then i was not possible, there already was a noble class.

So you right I kinda have made my own noble class, everyone knows me, everyone know my house and not to touch it .
and that I am wealthy and well connected.

But I was thinking to my self, this town needs an economy or an influx of gold. the gold is in this town but people are not going to just give it up. So what dose this town has to sell??
I was hoping that the jem mine would be be the answer, but it dose not seem to be planing out .

So I made this guild, The perks are mostly made by Feliks and i, the food and drink.
I am charging 10 gold per moon. NOW this is a gamble for me, I have alot of gold , but 170 gold yearly is a large dent in me. but if I get some people who want to buy in, then it will be not such a dent.

The peoples are my gamble either way to town gets the gold. and you really are not giving much for what you are getting .
I find this interesting. You wish to simply buy nobility and give it to those who are willing to pay a much smaller fee than yourself. This is a very selfless thing you are doing Porthos and to that I admire you greatly for it. If i had a purse such as yours I may offer the same to the town, but sadly I do not. Knowing the true intent of your guild makes me rethink things. This guild isn't a bad idea, but it should not be solely based on gold. We must ask ourselves what truly is a noble title. Does nobility simply mean you have a large purse and if so how large must that purse be? I am of the mind that nobility is something that can be earned in addition to other ways of obtaining it. Slay a dragon and as far as I am concerned you are worthy of the title sir at the very least. To this I would have you speak Porthos. As it seems you would be the head of a noble guild, are there additional ways to obtain the perks that you are describing outside of giving 10 gold per gathering. I suppose I am asking if an upright and honorable citizen can obtain a noble title without having a large purse.
Raynor, what you want is a meritocracy.
That was shot down.
I know I have been a bit blunt about how I feel this government is working, but land and titles are not really the things they should be dealing with right now.
Porthose, the town does need a form of economy but I don't see how your guild creates one.
As far as you being a noble, do you really need it?
Is it better than what you are now?
When people come to Rowans crossing, they ask who the mayor is, and if there are nobles, they will ask who they are too.
But when people come to town they already know who you Khan and I are.
Give that some thought.
Although to be fair, a few people and that goblin prostitute know who Raynor is.