Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Code of Chivalry
Laz, I agree with what you're saying but understand this as well, our last gathering we all had discussed a way to do this fairly, to decide and compare on who would lead. We went through this entire decision and made a vote, the vote was accepted by the town to see how Aster, or Jan would lead this town.
We came to this decision, as far as I know I may be wrong, and if I am please correct me.
But imagine coming to such a huge decision like this, the decision of someone to lead just to be thrown in the dirt. Makes people think their thoughts have no purpose and no matter what decision we come to in the future we have no say in it.

As i've said before. I don't give a rats ass who runs this place. All I know is that we need a leader, and we made a decision. We made a choice. And that choice was discarded and replaced with laws.
This is correct. When Jan walked in and people demanded he lead, it was rejected as most of the people do not know him. I do not think Jan as a tyrant of any sort. He's a man who wants to bring the town together, as Aster does. Based on that fact we agreed to give each of them 2 moons to show who would be the better leader and then we would decide on it after the final moon. That was the discussion and idea that kept the town from getting angry about this. I believe both sides can be great leaders, but need to be given a chance to do so. Let's do what we originally agreed on. All I want to see is peace in this town but the way this is turning out is far from a peaceful manner. Please don't raise swords and actually fight over this. When we meet for the next gathering realize we are all townsfolk of this town and want what's best. Let there be a meeting where the decision can be made and this done with. Don't turn this into a civil war. It will not end well for anyone and the town will fall because of this.
Regarding the law; Disrepect towards a Noble/Mockery of title. How would you treat a civilian who claims they heard someone mock the Nobel title, whether it's true or false
I would investigate it. As u woukd any crime I did not witness.
Darkmoon is right. Rare is a sight in this town where a group can sit, discuss, and come with a solution that befits everyone. Even now, death threats are being sent left and right by those who wish Jan to rule. Keep killing us off, and you'll be left with nothing but a sad empty tavern with an angry necromancer to house with. A grand kingdom indeed.

I will not kneel for Jan. I think Aster will make a much better leader for this town. She has my blessing, as well as many of those who live here. I will not speak for her in the regard of laws and our purpose here as citizens of Rowan's Crossing, as she will be in touch with the town herself soon enough.

Respectfully,
What if...what if they ruled together?
Isn't that a common thing for your kingdoms?
Nope. Mommy vs daddy. However, Aster would be a good choice as successor, as has been discussed, but she needs training and experience. She isn't ready yet.
Perhaps both do. The town seems to want to see the same exact thing that you suggested for Aster, but with Jan as well. People need help adjusting to change, I feel this is the best way.
You speak of readiness when we've been to town for less than a year. You speak of how we need a leader to bring us together then present us with a man who many have never met and over the course of his time in town all he has done is sit back at let you preach his good name while he sits silently waiting for his crown. The only public sentiment he has to offer and that he will rule regardless of whether we want him to or not. You stand behind the solid notion that the Kingdom of Daystar is the way to peace in town but all your words and declarations have done is cause the people of this town to fight. I will not kneel before you or your puppet king. If it is to come to a choice for a leader next gathering then let it be sombody that the townsfolk as a majority can get behind. If Aster keeps up the was she is then she has my vote and if it comes to it my sword. But I don't intend on ever being a slave again.
Rook, you have potential, but if you are a slave to anything, it is bad judgment and poorly times bravado. Jan is hardly a tyrant. Pay attention for once.