Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Code of Chivalry
I am with Feliks on this Collin. Once again, as I warned you, you are forcing a policy not everyone approves of and instead of uniting this town, like you so proclaim this will, IT IS SEPARATING IT. Collin, this is a new world. The ways of old do not necessarily apply when it comes to concern with the political system.

What you're asking of a town that you barely know and are just as new to as everyone else is illogical. The plan we originally had with testing the leaders like we discussed in front of the whole town was reasonable and agreed on. Forcing a town into following you will just have 3 options like I've stated: joining you, leaving the town as they do not agree with you, or bloodshed.

You need to give these people an actual chance. In all honesty, people do not fear leadership they embrace it. What they fear is being forced into tyranny by not giving them an option, which is what you are trying to do. Also, we had plenty of issues in the past that went unsolved and not dealt with that you seem to be forgetting or refusing to acknowledge. From what I've seen, we are literally accomplishing as much as we did before if not more. We were searching for the altars in the past, we were dealing with a death knight just as deadly in the past, we were dealing with the Ravager in the past. You act that by tossing in a new leader will solve all of this.

I met Jan and he seems like a good man and could make a fantastic leader. However, forcing him into power will have people reject him, reject you, and reject the system you are putting in place. For all that's good, you need to give these people an actual chance to get things together. I don't know why you expect a town to be fully built and prepared in less than a year. People are willing to cooperate with each other and come up with a government, but this act if it continues will end any idea of this for many in the town. This is not Stormhammer Collin this is a fact and we all must accept it for the good of the town. Let the town grow by the people who live here, not by your assumption of what system is best and shun those that disapprove.
Skal! Well said!
Will you all please stop with assumptions and threats. i am here to lead, whether you follow me or you do not. It is your choice.
That seems to be the problem at hand. "Choice".
I thought a solution was decided our last gathering.
I don't care who rules or who doesn't, all I know are the prior arrangements to see who will rule.

Politics.
There's a lot of disagreement here in town on whether or not we should have a leader. I realize some people wish to hold elections like they might have in the past, to wait for those vying for this title to prove their worth - this is a town afraid to make a choice and rather then take a chance on someone they'd prefer to commit to an empty throne. 

Congratulations, we don't need our enemies, we've already toppled our own government.

Crowns don't make you a leader.
Neither do elections.
Dirt does.

There's this idea that taking up the mantle before a people is some glamorous affair. It isn't. It's actually pretty crappy, for all the gold it's dressed in. It takes someone willing to sacrifice their own ethics, life and blood to a people. To accept that they most often will be looked upon in no glorious light, where all their ills outshine the good they do. 

Even now Jan is criticized and met with an adamant town of agitators. For so much talk of light, I see a lot of darkness in this town. Still though, for those that disagree and oppose my chosen leader, I will not turn away your weapons and gear, anyone who still requires my work can find me by my cabin. 

I hope though we can all quickly come to an agreement of terms. This is silly.
And for me to say that is pretty bad! 
Well said.
I don't like to share my voice in the manner. I prefer to speak in person to those that wish it. I have been in this town for some time, though many don't know me as it was apparently was five hundred years ago. So in this I will be brief and do my best to not belittle or offend anyone. 

I hear a cry for democracy, I hear a cry for free choice and people wishing to pick the law they follow as individuals and not have others tell them what to do. That is not how it works, even if you decide another and come together to elect someone else. It means nothing, not if you are unwilling to fall in and follow that person. 

I understand your fears, I will not sit here and try to force the fact Jan is a good man and king down your throats, as it is clear that is how I feel. I will say this, this is not some act of tyranny, this is us trying to establish something greater then a town that just gets by. This is the idea of a kingdom and us being something greater. We have limitless opportunity if we can just come together on this. 

I understand the fear of laws, the fear that they will effect those of us without title or wealth. They will not only effect us, the laws will hold every member of the kingdom accountable for their actions. Nobles will not be allowed to act as some tyrannical slave driver, they will be held to a higher standard then others. The king would be there to make life easier for us all, not put a greater burden on us all.

I see many of you scream for a better way, yet many are unwilling to offer it. We standing with Jan have offered it, we want what is best for all, not just a few. I plead with you to give this a chance. It will mean something more for all of us, not some simple village in the forest. We would instead be a budding kingdom and a beacon for those seeking refuge from the evil forces of this world. 

Why argue and throw threats, when we can stand in unity against that which we already all fight?
Politics! More words to be met without action!
By the gods it almost reminds me of home.
And even better, half of our townsfolk posting, are posting sensitive information on town matters, our enemies, our ideals.
You people do realize anyone can enter and read these boards? That anyone can waltz in and see everything we write down.
See the petty arguments and saying all the things we fear and need to accomplish. You're tying the noose around your own necks, you may want to do our enemies one last favor and finish the job for them.

Everyone is so set on laws, and codes, and pacts, and everything to deny what we must do, to accomplish these goals.
If you are so fearful of these laws, then fight them, don't bend over like a tavern whore and accept it!
If you feel the need to force a town to obey, then realize that what you are doing is tyrannical, and own it!
Let's stop playing nice and accept what these things are without smiling falsely and calling them anything else.
Cowards, liars, kings, mayors, councils, tyrants, murderers.

Short memories this town has. Short indeed. Many of these laws, many of the plans set in motion, many of the ideas being written, we're almost all discussed in previous posts on these boards, we've had these arguments before, we've brought up these ideas. And you all fought them then as well. And how disgusting it is to see that none of you except Darkwood and Jan brought anything new to the table! Do you ever wonder why you are called children by them? I'll tell you, it is because you bring problems, but never solutions.
You want change? You want things to be different? Then stop complaining and fix them. Take up your swords and do something about it, take action. I am so tired of hearing people shout and talk and command, and have nothing behind it, no action, no authority.
You all want to live the beautiful lie, when all we can use are harsh truths.

Instead of trying to play nice, get something done for once. Pick your leader, have a vote, have a civil war, stand by your side. I don't care. But stop trying to go about this quietly, it's damned us in the past and we're on the same road back down into it.

You have a chance for greatness, if you would only seize it! You Can change the world if you only started seeing it!
Stand for something, or you'll fall to anything.
This town doesn't need the boards to embarrass itself in front of our enemies.
Just saying!

All they have to do is walk in.
So that's kind of moot, nothing really clandestine about anyone here, kind of all out there regardless of whether it's written or spoken.
Darkmoon, you imply much with your written word. You seemingly seek to put distance between us when we need to come together. You speak of drawing sword for what you believe in, you imply that Jan and those that follow him wish for tyrannical rule. I being one of those people take offense, I will make it clear as I can in written word. I will not draw blade on a towns member to force my view, I will defend myself if such need arose. Though I will say this, and I do address you with this Darkmoon, I come from noble birth and I saw most of my squireship before the disaster that befell my family. I will not stand by while someone questions my honor, so do be mindful of who you imply is some tyrant. 

We need to come together in this time, now sew more discord. We have many an enemy at our door, we need none in our home. I believe it is time for those too heated to write calmly to put your pens down, and breath. When you are ready to discuss in a civil and less stressed way. Then we will continue, I do hope we come together.