Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Code of Chivalry
Do you really think I would willingly follow him if I didn't think he was the best person to do It? You children have lived without leadership for so long you fear it. It's time you grow up Felix, the world has changed, and me and Chan don't have the time to protect and babysit you any more. You need a leader.
Khan. Sorry.
It's been, like, a little more than three gatherings since you last saw your king, am I right? How is that "too long with leadership"? Calling us "children" will not make your side any more valid, just like it will not make the concerns of the rest of this sewn-together-town (mist-walker or cave-sleeper) any less valid.
Jan is not King. He never was King. The agreement was, and I'm not even sure it was called an agreement, that Jan would stay in town. Show his worthiness. That he could rule. BUT. There was no agreement that he was King. There was no putting him in power. He is a man living in town with the possibility of having things be different. At this moment Aster holds the key to his crowning. The crown. Even then. Aster does not hold the voice of all the people in Rowans crossing. Even if she agrees. She then agrees that he is HER king not the people's. Do not over step your bounds Darkwood. We are not sheep to be led. Do not presume
I don't presume. Or assume. Both lead to foolish mistakes. As far as overstepping my bounds, I'm not sure what you mean. I have however noticed that your ability to mouth off to people seems to dissipate when not using a quill.
I have told some my opinion on this already and this is what I wrote them.

What I think is that the code of Chivalry and the laws be instated but we hold off on giving Jan any kind of title. That's the main issue with a ton of people, some don't want to be pushed into calling someone King.
I think the best way to get Jan to be accepted as king is to have him follow this example of laws and chivalry on the same playing field as everyone else in town. I think people will grow to respect him for that.
People need to relate to Jan, and having him become King so fast will take that kind of connection away from the people

This is not me saying, "let's wait and see"
This is me saying let's abide by the laws and code as best we can and see Jan take initiative or even have someone else rise.
The problem with what you purpose Aster is that we will have no leader until everyone deems them worthy. This town currently faces the fallen God of pain, the Ravager, an extremely ancient necromancer bound to our tavern's chess board who wants an extraordinarily evil scroll that we have no way of finding, the tavern itself is haunted by a banshee that bore a half human half fiend child who is wanted as a god by a group of fiend touched, there is a metal faced undead who can consume the souls of people at will, and we are missing the alters to the gods that brought balance to the world. This list is just the more pressing matters not to mention raids by goblins, kobolds, and orcs as "minor" annoyances. I would much rather follow one voice than a council plagued by indecision.
With that being said currently I do not believe Jan is the leader he has been promised. The impression of this man that I received from Darkwood and Lazerous who spoke on his behalf far more than he himself did was that this was the best leader Stormhammer has ever had. He was a man who led battles as a tried and true general and made this ever growing list of enemies shrink by the gathering. I saw none of that this past moon. His voice was silent for most of the gathering and let Darkmoon more or less continue as mayor without title. When the rip opened and enemies poured from it I found him dead within minutes of the conflict. How is he to lead from death? He was given the name king-not-a-king by Ransom and I have to admit I agree with him on this point. He wishes to be king and leader but he must prove himself to lead. If we wish to sit back and wait for him to come into focus than we will surely be killed by one of the many threats against the town. I have no solution for this problem but do not over look the fact that this is a problem that we need solved in the quickest fashion. Whether it be allowing the kingdom to take over or holding an election something must be done and it must be done fast.
Fine Darkwood. If you wish I will "Mouth off" to you in person next moon and to anyone that will listen. I have hope this kingdom will work. They are the only thing that stands the test of time at all. Impress me. I will stop mouthing off then.
I have grow plenty living in this town now and 500 years ago. I need neither your coddling, nor advice, nor another blasted king to tell me how I need to live my life. If you have such a strong desire to stand united under a King, you should reinstate the Crimson Dragons and gather followers, but don't thrust this down my throat and expect teary eyed thanks as if you're doing me a bloody favor. I'm not your dog Colin, I'm trying to speak to you as a friend.

Respectfully,
You want unity? They impose Laws that only say what the people can't do under this government. There is nothing that says what the government can't do to it's people. These laws won't protect the people after we resolve our current situation