Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elections
The town not having leadership also causes chaos. And although some of us see Darkmoon as our leader, the majority do not. this causes problems.
Yes not having a determined leader can lead to chaos I understand this. However, as I said before, if we push now for an election, many people in our town will be in the dark as they do not know each other. This will lead to a much higher amount of anger and chaos than waiting another moon and to at least have a town discussion over what we feel is best. This isn't Stormhammer anymore so we need to understand the people that live here, how things are being run nearby, such as the capital, and what the people in the town think. Otherwise, pushing all these people towards an election, as I said, will leave a lot of people confused, angry, and disappointed as they do not know what is going on.
perhaps, but right now, only twelve people in town have a leader. that creates a problem.
Nearly everyone in our town finds themselves in a new and difficult world.
Those who slept have seen the world they knew destroyed, and those who are just discovering their memories are finding themselves in a new and strange place.
We are all adrift in this chaos, so I understand the desire to try to find order..
"Holding an election" sounds very official - It feels like bringing stability.
But I worry that such stability would only be an illusion.

Unfortunately, our town is very divided - We don't even agree on it's name.
We have a great many factions in town, each with their own goals, motivations, and ideas.

Even if we were to "Hold an Election", I worry that unless nearly every townmember supported such an idea,
it wouldn't have any validity, nor would the "winner" hold any authority.

Without the consent of the governed, no leader can be legitimate.
If large portions of the town don't agree that a given person is their leader, it doesn't matter that they "Won the election"
All you've done is choose the leader for one particular faction of the town.

We are still so very much in the dark about the world around us-
There are differing reports about if Delta is a capitol city, or just a large port.
If they are a regional power, we probably should seek guidance from "The Court" before we try to establish leadership.
Without sharing more than I ought to on a public board, there is also a Noble who has a strong claim to this area, and powerful allies.

I understand that this new world is intimidating, and taking action - ANY action, feels like it's fighting the chaos..
But without acting mindfully, and making choices which unify our town and strengthen our position, we risk falling into deeper disorder.

Let us work toward getting to know one another, and the world around us.
Perhaps in the meantime, Darkmoon's suggestion of a council holds merit.
Gathering the parties together to talk gives us a way to understand one another,
before we try to establish rules and hierarchies.

-Durst
I agree with Durst.
So, because I do not want to cause more chaos than I already have, I hope maybe we can compromise. I was thinking we can take this moon to get to know our candidates and their platforms, and have the election the moon after this one. Lets not wait till the end of the year to elect someone. Is that better than having one this moon?
SPLENDID PLAN!!!
All this discussion and my original idea gets put forth......Point for Ellywick