Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elections
Ladies and gentlemen of Rowan's crossing, the time has come for us to unite under one banner. We need to end the differences between us and come together and end all of this darkness around us. I would like to gold an election, to bring all of us together under someone that we can trust that will help our town. I would like to put myself up for this position. I would like to end the painbringers shenanagins, and to stop the dark followers from causing mischief in our town. I would like to have an election next moon.
...and you are?
My name is Xiomora War-Talon. I am the leader of my clan Pram. I am originally from Akbaria, and I am the only Manu- Tara in town.
No offence but I don't see a reason to hold an election. Darkmoon did a fine job with organizing the town and seems to be the only one up to the task. Besides I would not put you in front of the caravaners. If any of us are worthy of leadership it is Val. He seems to be easily identifiable belief wise and is looking out for the town's best interests. He spoke in battle and led the town. These are the qualities of a leader. As I said I do not believe an election is needed as I haven't the faintest idea who would be best to lead because I do not know anyone. If there is to be an election however I believe it should be Val and Darkmoon. No offence.
Elections have been held shortly before winter. This gives people enough time to learn of their candidates. Typically people are nominated, and seconded, by other people. I stand warily against any who would seek the position for themselves. I would also stand warily against voting for anyone who I have never conversed with.

Even still, people's memories are just returning. Perhaps the way they acted when we first met was resultant from their amnesia, and not their true selves. I would prefer to wait and see the true face of those in this town before I agree to submit to anyone. Darkmoon has the advantage that he knows himself and I know him, but there may be his better in town. I know not. None do. Let all in town be known before we decide anything. All Darkmoon has done is shout, explain, and seek consensus. He pushes not away the caravaners. It hurts us not to wait, in my opinion.
I agree with Ghola! I don't really know anyone yet, I didn't even know there was a leader here. I thought this was the Umbral person-spirit's place?
He doesn't seem like a bad person, he let us use his Tavern. That's pretty nice of him. I'd vote for him on that alone. He could have easily told us to go back to our caravans and caves, but he didn't!
I heard that Darkmoon wasn't even elected. 500 years is a long time, I would think it would be a perfect time for an election. A time for all of us to come together and choose as a whole town. Even if Darkmoon is picked, that means that the town will be united under him.
OH! Yes I remember you now. You're the chicken!
United under someone nobody knows? I agree we should put it to a choice, but give people time to learn each other first. Who else even has leadership experience? Darkmoon led us into the ravager's realm and kept the ravaging from destroying the world. Who can claim better? Give the vote time.
Well, I have been living old Storm Hammer longer than almost all of you and this goblin want the best for herself and not best for the town.