Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversion and Creation of Characters
Hi Everybody! I’d like to address an oversight on our part regarding unspent CP. In our efforts to provide timely information, and amongst all that writing a game and rules systems involves, we didn’t take unspent CP into proper account when planning our conversion charts.

As you know, our goal has always been to achieve balance in our game. If you weren't aware, let me tell you that the majority of all changes in UC was made to balance out inequities.

Please keep in mind, these following adjustments are necessary to maintain the balance of The Awakening.

Any unspent CP obtained prior to January 1, 2016 must be applied to a character from UC prior to conversion or retirement for KBA. You may apply this unspent CP in any way to your characters and/or transfer the CP to another player. Any unspent CP not used in this way will be lost and not carry over to KBA characters.

I will edit the first post in this thread to reflect these changes.
Say we want to buy Kings Bounty in the super near future.
To use for the first event, would that 55cp count towards our KBA character as 55cp or would it go through some conversion?

Or is their going to be a new donation option
Whereas The Underworld Campaign has ended, any points obtained after January 1, 2016 are KBA points.
So they do not need to undergo any sort of conversion. The points can be directly applied to a KBA Player Character.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

“Did you read the rulebook?”
Would i have to "unretire" minister or mannon to spend the points i have from UC or would i need to just make an entirely new character KBA with all the unspent cp being lost?
Just out of curiosity why does the campaign not allow a rewrite? I just remember there being a rule about if there were drastic changes to the rule you could rewrite, just curious about the reason behind the decision
We're goint to have to move you're question regarding this into your personal forum... I have too many questions for you and research to do to give you a clear and concise answer. I'd rather not derail this thread. I'll see you in your forum soon!

(01-31-2016, 10:31 PM)Minister Wrote: Would i have to "unretire" minister or mannon to spend the points i have from UC or would i need to just make an entirely new character KBA with all the unspent cp being lost?
(02-01-2016, 09:20 AM)JasperStoneJr Wrote: Just out of curiosity why does the campaign not allow a rewrite? I just remember there being a rule about if there were drastic changes to the rule you could rewrite, just curious about the reason behind the decision

You do know what curiosity did to the Cat-Kin, right?

One of the main reasons is to preserve the continuity of the story. If everyone were new and/or rewrote into something new, then the story would end.

What you remember is a policy we have. Each time a rule was changed or altered in The Underworld Campaign, the Staff would look at how it changed things for the players. We would then advise you if a rewrite was allowed. Most commonly there were not full rewrites of characters, but only things related to the new rule.

If it makes you feel better, you practically are getting a rewrite, but not a full rewrite. As was explained previously in this thread, the conversion is extremely generous. You can change just about everything except your Player Character name and general concept. That should be sufficient to satisfy the most finicky Player.

Another huge reason is this is not a simple rules change. It is an entirely new campaign.

If this were a book, the story is in the same World, but this is Chapter 2. Some characters are in this chapter from Chapter 1. There will be new characters introduced. Some will just fade away lost in the previous chapter. The question really is, and what I’m most curious about, is what kind of player are you and what will you do with your character. Fade away, stay, or evolve... the story will continue no mater what is chosen.
what is the number of points a new player would get if they convert a character from another larp?
also, if a person has npced one game of the old KBU, and decides to make a character, would they then start off at 150 cp?
(02-05-2016, 11:31 AM)Collin Darkwood Wrote: what is the number of points a new player would get if they convert a character from another larp?

It is based on how long they played that LARP. They get 5 CP per year of playing, up to a maximum of 25 CP.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

“Did you read the rulebook?”