Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying the New Coins
Greetings Travelers and My Friends in Wayfare,

I have taken it upon myself to post this for the sake of commerce.  Aureus be praised!

It seems that there has been a recent influx of new coinage.  These never-before-seen coins are indeed the precious metals they appear to be.  They have the same value as the equivalent ancient Baronia coins.  There are two new gold coins and one new silver coin.

A Layman’s Guide to Identifying the New Coins:

•                  Silver
•                  o Front – Crest 
•                  o Back – Crown

•                  Gold 
•                  o Front – Crest 
•                  o Back – Sunburst

•                  Smaller Gold Coin
•                  o Front – Rampant Dragon? (looks like a dragon to me)
•                  o Back – Crossed Swords

I have commissioned a brilliant artist to create a lifelike painting of these coins.  What a magnificent artist!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=846]
forgive me freelik but it seems the cold and damp weather has ruined the drawing of the coins as I cannot see it ...
I pinned up a totally new one.  Let me know if it gets soaked again.  I coated it with lacquer this time!
Magnificent work Freelik per usual, Praise Aureus!
SPLENDID FREELIK!! thank you
Thank you both!
Just a word of caution...

Someone tried to buy something with a coin that looks similar to the coins described above, but I discovered that this coin was fool’s gold. 

It was easy to recognize because it was larger in diameter than real gold coins.  The difference was obvious when I compared it in hand with other coins.
Interesting. So the coins that are of value are ones of the same diameter or smaller, correct?

Thank you Freelik!
You are correct, Scout!