Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Notice of Bounty
[[Two Scrolls appear posted to the tavern board. They seem nearly identical, though written in two entirely separate languages.]]

[Image: tumblr_oqd04hRRn31sjwaw4o1_500.png]
[[The first seems to be written in some strange, archaic form of Northern Elvish, while the second is written in the Common tongue]]

"IN THE HALLOWED NAME OF GOD,

ANY INFORMATION REGARDING
FOLLOWERS OR WORSHIPERS

OF DARK, THE RAVAGER, AND
SUCH FORCES OF MALIGNANCY,
OR THE CEREMONIES OR GATHERINGS
THEREOF, MAY BE REPORTED
TO A LOCAL ACTING INQUISITOR
AND, FOLLOWING INVESTIGATION,
SHALL BE APPROPRIATELY
COMPENSATED FOR.

MAY THE EYE WATCH YOU, MAY THE HAND GUIDE YOU

signed and sealed, Inquisitor Zuka Makáràghaz, 64th of Spring"
Inquisitor of whom exactly? And which god do you speak of as if there is only one?
Does this have the backing of our town leader? Good friend Khan, are you aware of this "Bounty"?
(05-23-2017, 10:09 AM)impecabletimeing Wrote: Inquisitor of whom exactly? And which god do you speak of as if there is only one?

My Church is called Migni Qha, if that is your question. All Qhalig are forbidden to utter the Holy Name, except as a direct invocation of her Divine Power, not that I should expect a Southlander to be familiar with our language or our faith but in the most shallow and speculative sense. If understanding is what you seek, I would be gratified to translate scripture for you.

(05-23-2017, 01:24 PM)PatmanZ Wrote: Does this have the backing of our town leader? Good friend Khan, are you aware of this "Bounty"?

I act within my legal boundaries as they have been prescribed me, the details of which I am not at liberty to disclose. With or without that authority, I am aware of no edict which prevents any citizen from opening their personal coffers in exchange for news and stories. If one exists, I welcome the citation of a precedent.
So it's a goddess not of the lands? Because that could be an issue. Also I am from the North, I'm no southlander.
Though I respect your role and desire to fill a position not yet present, the goal you seek still falls beneath Khan. As of current, you have no affiliation with the Justicar outside of a home and I know this wasn't sanctioned by him prior to your posting.

No one is against any quest of knowledge - that's not what's being considered here, it's the fact of Inquisition. You overstep on that statement and pose to strip duty of our Justicar. I would advise setting a meeting with him, he is more than reasonable.
You should be carful invocking the name of a god if you are unwilling to speak it, it makes people weiry of you and more so when you speak of her as if she is the only god. Maybe next time try "in the hallowed name of MY god" as to avoid suspicial of heresy against the gods.
(05-24-2017, 10:39 AM)CC Awesome Wrote: Though I respect your role and desire to fill a position not yet present, the goal you seek still falls beneath Khan. As of current, you have no affiliation with the Justicar outside of a home and I know this wasn't sanctioned by him prior to your posting.

No one is against any quest of knowledge - that's not what's being considered here, it's the fact of Inquisition. You overstep on that statement and pose to strip duty of our Justicar. I would advise setting a meeting with him, he is more than reasonable.

Once more, my relative unfamiliarity with your language causes me to misspeak my intentions. My mission here is that of Qha-Vokha, Listener, sent to investigate the forces of malignancy present here, and so long as that remains the demand of the Church, I will continue to do so. I do not wish, however, to meddle in or otherwise interfere with the authority or workings of your Justicers , and though we operate as distinct and separate entities, I would continue to urge cooperation, rather than competition, between our Orders.

Again, I have received the authority to operate as I have done in private, but it is increasingly clear that such dealings must come to include a greater web of connections. Courier ravens shall be sent to both you and Justicer Khan regarding this issue, to which I hope we may find swift and mutually agreeable resolution.
In all fairness, Cadoc you came here with a title from your home
I can here with a title from mine
If his church named him inquisitor, we can't rightly take that from him
And from what I've observed, Zuka is a Stone Elf. Where they come from, everything else is south

I do agree with Eli, but old suspicions die hard for this sailor

No need to be on edge townsfolk, just one of our own trying to fight the good fight in their own way
Yes I came here with my own title and was granted permission to perform my business. I have done so and do not expect to continue under the protection of your leading. Now I work beneath Khan.
And I was speaking out for him in his absence. I know this wasn't discussed with him - and it should have been. The proper channels were not followed and that was the intention of my posting.