Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For your eyes only
We don't have a real means to manufacture goods. Most common weapons and armor is the same quality as what we find on bodies we search, and it's not really possible to cut costs in producing items, because it's going to cost the same to make. also if you don't like there price, you can always haggle the price down. also a question, what will you do if a buy all of a specific item that is useful and i obtain a monopoly. what will you do to me?
My address was to Fenrir.
Cutting costs of production may not be relevant at the moment according to your allegations, but that does not mean we should make ourselves short sighted. Setting a standardized price range for goods, and assuring fair trade is a far more functional system, if people wish act alone and undercut rate alone, they may do so, alone.

I you in this hypothetical proposal came to hold a monopoly of an item of use, the actions and recourse in response are extremely variable. If you help a item of significance in a time of dire need that threatened the lives of everyone in the town yet still you refused to release it, than it is only suitable that militant action be taken against you. Under less extreme conditions, a monopoly would be entirely allowable if the one holding it had to adhere to a standardized fair range of price, especially if the item held is a necessity.

You can hold you monopoly, you can become fat and wealthy from it if are so inclined, but you cannot do so at the price of the health and well beings of others. It is unacceptable to let one persons unnecessary profit and spoils come at the price of the suffering, exploitation, and maltreatment of others.

We can have a fair and healthy economy, while allowing people to still follow their own ventures and passions, it is all a matter of compensation, communication and understanding.
What would you propose for the price or a sword and it shield?
Or*...
I hypothetically, would need to know the specifics of it.

What type of sword, one handed or two, what quality, regular or of significance, does it have gems embedded in it and what is the minimum price of producing the desired item.

I am not a sword maker so I cannot give a specific number as I do not know the numbers that go into producing any of the listed conditions. However a fair rule of thumb would be to charge an additional sum equal to up to 20% of the invested material. You can play and haggle within that 20% margin if it tickles your jollies, sure. In a more proper situation it would be wise to have the price range argued and agreed upon by the merchants and the commons with the goal being to conclude with a price that is fair to both the manufacturer and the consumer, as the goal of the charge is not to bleed the consumer of their gold or to amass a mountain of wealth but to maintain a standard of living.
Sooooooooo,Fenrir, good luck. looks like you'll need it. Wow! To go from offering goods and services to a argument over the virtues and lack there of of capitalism, a very enjoyable read.
Merchants don't want a mountain of wealth?
We must not know the same merchants.
Realistically at this point, all you can say for certain is, it's a buyers market, unless it's a market.
"Unless it's a sellers market."
Lost a word somehow.
Some of these musings seem fairly redundant and not needed.