Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For your eyes only
Though damage is done. There are smarter ways of going about this. Of course talking about the original topic.
I'm sure the local merchants who frequent the town also don't appreciate being compared and undercut. As well as the few merchants we have living here.
Sooooooo, what were we talking about before the topic got hijacked?
A fence apparently
Fenrirs job description has changed to town fence.
So he's going to be stuck halfway in the ground and used to [s]EXPLETIVE out monsters?

Okay, i'll grab the shovel.
This is why the town isn't taken seriously.
I am been serious, and I am studying the gravity.
Listen Fenrir,

You are not wise to offer to do job that require a certain amount of stealth so Openly. If you knew anything about the clandestine arts you would know she would appreciate anonymity in such cases.

On the note of merchantry, you need to tread lightly and not try to step on the toes of the people trying to make an honest living. Just because you can afford to sell your good cheaper does not mean they are of quality.
My wares are of utmost quality, that I can assure you. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, just wanted to let everyone in on a little sale that I'm having.
I've spent quite a bit of time here sifting through old papers posted here on the Boards.
There are... a lot.
However, in my finding, it seems that there was a Merchant's Cartel established, at one point within this town.
I'm unsure if it is still an active guild, or if it has since ceased its operations (these papers were buried quite a bit under yours and I have heard no further mention since their dated script).

From that point on, I have seen a few of the town present themselves as merchants and sellers of various services.
I am unsure if these have gone through the previously mentioned Merchant's Cartel or not, but most are proclamations made of the self.

"Do you like buying things? Just got a hole in your pocket?
Look no further than the Grey Hare Inn now open!"

"I'm very very excited to finally announce my biggest and best addition to our small town filled with the biggest hearts around! The Grey Hare Trade Co. Meeting house!"

"Hello New Stormhammer-Rowan's End, time to teach those bad guys a lesson with some super-fine weapons and arms! (Literally AND figuratively!)"

"I own two businesses and seek employees." 

And by self. 
It seems I would be referring to mostly Scout.
In the recent moons he has opened two shops and seems to be the one running the gambit here on product distribution (outside of the Tavern itself). 
Ransom's business transformed itself into a guild of the town and Champion Darkmoon appears to have taken on greater duties outside of selling wares.

So I am curious, is it the fact that Mister Gravesend here intends to do business just as you have at fair and competitive prices. Or that he has neglected to carry through the proper channels to become a merchant?
None of you have made mention of that, in any of your postings, previous or current (Champion Darkmoon aside). 
I'm inclined to say this is just biased jealousy of previously established businesses, unwilling or unable to compete with a smart seller.