Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Runnings
Sadly, that seems to be the way of things.
there is NO WAY that is going to happen. When people come from other towns and ask to talk about trade You think we should tell them. " No one is in charge here" Why dont you just scream. " please take over us, We need to be ruled!!!!!!!!"
there will be a vote
there will be a leader.
A vote doesn't mean a leader.
And the few people who could get votes because people like them, don't have the experience to lead.
The people who do have the ability to lead, have become disillusioned with the rest of the town.

So any leader chosen, if he or she is actually going to lead, has a bloody year ahead.
And they will need the force behind them to force the people into following laws and a leader.
At the same time, with the guilds in disarray, the information sharing of the town will be low.
That's what the council was for, and the town has a bad taste in its mouth when it hears "council" now.

It's a time problem, not a need problem.
People still put their own wants ahead of the town.
Not all, but to many to allow unification.
Porthose, if you hired an apprentice, and on his second day he told you he should be in charge because that's fair, would you let him take over?
And the people who CAN lead, know that this town will force itself to be led to failure.
Jan was the most experienced leader the town ever had, and Water was the most well liked.
How did that go?
Collin darkwood, if you dont wish to help, walk away from the political working
I live here.
When people make things worse, I know who is gonna get stuck dealing with it.
Bad decisions effect everyone.
And I can't speak for Khan, but I for one am sick of dying because of some kids learning curve.
And the town is split in factions.
You won t have a leader this year, if you do, they won t have any power, or matter to 75% of the town.
Colin Darkwood, let me declare publicly now.
Your words here in this board have been the only ones of reason.

The unlikely threat of invasion is no reason to rush to tyranny, our town is populated entirely by powerful warriors. We are an army, nothing more and nothing less. Disorganized, mostly, yes, but not all of us are of such a persuasion.

By the next moon I will lead a third of the town as the Order of Raven, and we are quite well organised. If ever we were invaded we would gladely fight to defend the populance, as would we all.

We speak on these boards in such foolish abstract I find.
As if we are not all warriors, mages, and healers.

If we were invaded the fools who came marching would find that one in every other who sits drinking at our tables and bar is eager to see death and bloodshed.

What kind of fool would send an army to claim a lonely tavern at the cost of a war with errent barbarians, magi, and paladins?

Surely, we can already well defend ourselves! If not by our very nature than by the addition of my own army, and the ranks of the Rabbits, and by the ranks of the Daystar, and gods only know that Master Darkwood is not going down without a rain of blood fed too by the corpses of no less than a militia.

We are not simply peasants!

So a simple solution will not work!