Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Latest from the council
To all those who do not know to which I would not be surprised I was elected to be your magistrate. As a town officially I believe it is only just that I inform you of a few things. The first being that I am no longer a town official and the second is that this town no longer has a leader. 
Over the last 48 hours the council has called for, what they call, a vote of no confidence on Aster. The count of that vote was to my knowledge 3 against aster and 1 abstained. The abstained vote is due to Ransom the guild leader of the crafters guild leaving the council for reason I shall explain momentarily. The vote was first brought up by Ellywick former cleric guild representative on the grounds that aster lacks any communication with the rest of the town. Seeing as this is most likely the first time any of you are formally hearing this he does in fact have a point. Furthermore I demonstrated that through last gathering she may not yet have the qualifications to lead a town such as this. She showed hesitance in areas where we could not afford it. The asylum warden now being locked up in his own asylum and the circle of undead are perhaps the two best examples of this. Furthermore she has neglected a good portion of the town simply because she does not like them. I speak about this ever present civil war between Darkmoon and Darkwood. Aster has made no attempts to resolve that issue and now Darkmon is saying that he shall kill Darkwood and his like. 
The next unfortunate event was Ellywick leaving the council. He left because he was tired of all the deceit and hiding that they did in regards to you all the people. I am of a like mind which is why I have decided to come clean with all the council's dealings. Aster is currently being advised by Porthos a man I have no qualms against other than that he is a Clandesta priest much like my old friend Ballo, and Darkmoon who is by all purposes a tempesta follower. These two advisors do lead themselves to why the council is the way it is. It hides much of what it decides from you and drops very big news in order to cause chaose much like my appointment as magistrate did. It was for these reasons that I decided to no longer support the minister. She was voted out by her own council and yet has not said anything about it. In fact she is still making decisions as if she does lead the town. This si not a bad thing but I believe she should be looking for a subsititute or replacement instead of proceeding as normal. 
As for a new leader I can think of only one right now. What we require at this current time is, in my humblest opinion, experience. It is evidence to me that this attempt by us has failed and that we should let those with experience of lead for a time. There are only two people with experience of running a town currently. Darkmoon whom has said that he will not lead any longer, and Jan who we decided after a very brief time was unfit to lead. I say why not give Jan a shot. Allow him to lead for the year and let us see what we can accomplish as a unified town, because I am going to be honest with you all this matter is abysmal compared to the horror that is fast approaching us. 
So if this is all things you have heard before I am sorry to repeat it, and if this is your first time hearing it I am sorry to report it. 
Sincerely,
The Former Magistrate Raynor
My leaving was due to constant disrespect shown by those who committed to this council.
Certain individuals would rather cast insult than attempt to work with their peers.
Further following, decided on my election to leave, that it might be better to go behind my back and take my guild from under me - and if not just that, then to steal my tools and supplies. I have spoken at lengths on this subject in the past two days and am super tired of it.

But if anyone has interest in further accounts - feel free to send me a courier. Or better yet, join The Scrappers! Everything has been posted to our guild hangout and a few of us former council members are there to tell you everything. Everyone is welcome to join our growing community of artisans, crafters, mages, and everything in between! As long as you're looking to help out and have some fun, you're welcome to join.

Soooo,
WRITE ME!

See ya!
-Ransom
"Kill Darkwood and his like."
Sure.
Everybody's crazy. It's so bad that It's almost not funny to watch anymore. I don't understand. What's going on anymore??
I do share your confusion Loki.
Can't we all just get along?
The fact you thought it was funny in the first place is the problem. You and others should not have found it funny, or a game, this is about our lives and the lives of everyone in town. Frankly I find it sad people don't understand that. Then again, it's none of my business.
Sadly Rugun, it's not a new problem.
But I think you may not be judging Loki fairly.
I assumed she was making a point at how problematic things are, not of the humor in it.
You may be reading to much into her wording.
Well. Here's my two coppers.

On behalf of myself, and the rest of the Artisans Guild we request to be not involved with matters brought into the council and to remove all ties with th council. The Artisans Guild will be removed and renamed the Scrapsmiths. With this said I will also be creating the "Grey Hare Port Trade Co." Another form of income that will be outside of the councils judgement. Due to business deals and accusations from members of the council we kindly and respectfully removed ourselves from the council.
We also offer for you to join us on this expedition.

Scout
Master Artisan
Banker and Head Merchant of GHPT co.
Sorry Ransom I didn't read your response before, my letter before this is an addition of Ransoms.