Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A particular concern from a sword arm
Something has been brought to my attention recently. The concern that we do not own this town. That there is someone who owns the land we dwell on. As a result of this I am rather upset. 
I know not what all of you do during our gatherings and I do not think the particulars matter. In summary we defend this land. We bleed and sweat upon it. We die only to share drinks in its tavern. We sleep here. We share our pain and sadness here, and you are telling me we do not own this land? If that is so than why are we doing any of this. 
Why defend land that's not ours. Why attempt to form a proper government and ensure fairness to a land we have no ownership of? 
If someone were to walk into the umbral tavern and shout to the heavens that this is their land would we not fight them?
I sure would. I believe it's time we take ownership of our home. we are plagued with indecision from our citizens to our leaders and I would lije to see that end here. Let us take ownership of what we try so hard to defend and furthermore let us take ownership of the actions we perform on this land. 
But what do I know I'm just a sword.
well, all we have to worry about is Ravager followers trying to claim this land as theirs, although it's more likely then not, the land is owned by Umbral.
Wouldn't it be grand if we all could have gotten together and built say a kingdom? Oh wait we could have.
And it would have worked too.  Except that some of your number thought it best to throw death threats and thus have proven themselves incapable of forming a government based on reason and justice. Which was the whole point of creating your kingdom in the first place.  Therefore your towns members decided on a better one
You do bring up a good point Raynor, we have been fighting for this land ever since the first wave of us first arrived here. Though we do need to take into consideration that saying we take claim to this land outright we don't want to look like we're disrespecting Umbral. But with Umbral watching us this past year I feel like we've proven our keep here on this land and in this tavern.

As for your comment Lazerous, don't forget that your Barron came back and made it abundantly obvious that Jan or anyone trying to be King is amazingly disrespectful to your previous King.
I must say, I have to agree with Raynor.
Now, this is just my opinion, but this was our home long ago, and it's our home now. each and every one of us.
We love to divide on dogma and idealogy, but the one fact remains that this is our home! Whatever may come, that fact will not change, for each of us that spend any significant time here. even those that may not come to mind at first thought, we need to realize that here we have family, here we have purpose, where else in the world can you wake up and honestly matter? where else in the world do people give a EXPLETIVE what you have to say?
The Pegglers, the Bleeders, the Blighters. they'll try and take what is ours, and that my friends, my brothers, my sisters, is something that I cannot allow. it's time we come together on this fact.
I doubt anyone that reads this will disagree.
We all need common ground, and a common goal to achieve, which we all should discuss.