Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You hopeless failures
So, when are you morons having an election ?
I figured that there was no need due to what happened this gathering with Aster setting up the council, but you might have missed it since you weren't there.
Also, here I thought you were a nice guy..
Unless he's referring to a different vote.
Then a majority of us "morons" wouldn't know what he means.
So instead of calling names, he could try and explain things.
I would like to get the point across that a vote was an open discussion last gathering and was not pursued under the circumstances that Jan stated he would step down and have me lead.
We agreed with my plans and aspirations for the town and we are going to move forward in building that structure.

There will be yearly vote if the town feels like I, or any future leader, should be replaced.
To make clear the events of the meeting,

The town vote for the system of governance as well as Aster's leadership was unanimous among the guild leaders.
Additionally, the town vote was almost unanimous as well, any outlying votes of nay were far and few.

However, this does bring to attention a good point: In future elective meetings we should have some means of tallying the votes as not to let voices go unheard in the crowd. We should also not penalize towns members for absence from the elective meeting by allowing votes to be cast by later-comers.

To resolve this issue:
With the understanding that the elective vote for leader will be held annually during the last moon;
The votes can be kept safe in a chest under lock and key, I believe this object of importance should be held by Porthose, as leader of the merchants guild. The key on the other hand should be held by another guild leader so that in order for a vote to be cast both the stated consul members must be present, this will protect against fraudulence.
Votes shall be cast upon indexes of paper containing the voter name at the top and the name of the one they wish to vote for at the bottom. They must deliver the index in person.
The votes shall be counted only with the entirety of the consul present on the last day of the last moon.

It is a simple but effective solution and if we wish to successfully run the system proposed without warrant for discourse it is nessisary.

Lastly, the result of the vote should be announced publicly, widely, and loudly both at the end of the last moon when the votes are counted as well as upon the notice boards so that their is no confusion as we have here today.
A note of transparency of government:

The decided laws and workings of our new system of government should be posted publicly on its own board.
Seperate, but in the same board, the tally of yay, versus nay for any updates to the system as well as for elective leaders should be posted to assure the citizens that their voice are being heard.
To clarify something to you, my dear Agathorn
It was discussed amongst the Cartel that I would take spot on council as the leader.
Making myself, the Merchant Cartel Leader.
Porthos desired more personal time.
To Agathorn,

Regarding your voting protocol:

Is this how it shall be?  Is this how you want it to be?  Are you sure?  Will you stand by your proposal and defend it?  What if someone says it is a bad idea?  Will you then immediately drop the whole idea like you did with the tournament last moon? 

Can you sense that I was disappointed?  I am sure other people were disappointed as well.  You don’t make friends by disappointing people in an uncaring way.

Oh, and by the way, “transparency” is a very strange way to describe a government.  How peculiar and odd!  What made you come up with a bizarre term like that?
As always Freelik has a good point.