Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a census on Skeg
who here thinks Skeg could be considered a god? just wondering
This is a good question
Is it technically heretical? Are the gods displeased by this? From what I recall most goblins and lesser beings such as them worship Dark. 
So by removing Skeg, in a way we are helping Dark. 
I would very much like to hear our religious friend's opinions on this
Now, the worship of false idols could weaken all of the gods, which is in direct conflict to everything we are working towards. Which would mean snuffing out their cult. 
However, Skeg did accomplish what we wished him to, and became king of the woods. Just not in the way anyone had expected.
They do cast, they do heal, so it may appear that either they are magical, which is horrid to consider, or they may truly receive divine favor from their source, Skeg, which would make him, regardless of our definition, a God. Perhaps demigod would be closer to the truth.
Either way, this will be fun to think about, thank you Sir Cronin.
well there were sightings of a goblin mage, and he may have been wearing a holy symbol of Skeg. he knew how to cast magic missile, force missile and a disarm spell that only effected non- goblins
you realize skeg had kids right? and that they (all 4) were mages.
If i may. Skeg is no god. Perhaps his death has started his worship down a divine path which is unlikely and painful to think about. Honestly this type of thinking is very dangerous and may anger our gods as long as we allow this to continue. However if we do find that skeg worship has merit and that skeg may become a god a new question surfaces. Do we stop it or accept it. I personally dont feel like having this become a larger problem than it clearly already is. I think it wiser to stop this and simply snuff out this problem before it bites us in the butt as everything else seems to.
Well as I see it this cult is more a nuisance than a wholistic problem. I have not seen a divine spell cast from there so called clerics except for the immobilization of a lower limb, which may have been an old magic spell we had forgotten. The second I see a divine spell cast i will reassess the situation. As to whether or not we allow it at that point depends entirely on the goal of this cult. If they seek to reinstate their rule over the forest than I await them with open arms. If their plans are more sinister than I will cut them down same as any foe. This is all hinged on whether or not the "clerics" of skeg can cast divine spells for I have no knowledge of this.
Skeg is a goblin hybrid. Not a God. It's hero worship, nothing more.
A hybrid? Do you know what's the other half?
Troll and human
yet he is immortal, The king posted for his death for, quote, "Not dying". Honestly, god, demigod, not god, doesn't matter me none. I find them an entertaining distraction from the day to day blaze chaos we already deal with. I personally killed him a good few times, and like many of us he always either came back, or got right back up and ran off.