Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan's End
We stand here together, in this spot where once, five hundred years ago, the Ravager was pushed back into his realm and sealed there once more. We, who slept in these lands, have sacrificed much to stand here with you, and to preserve the world your ancestors ancestors were born to. I wish to honor the losses we suffered, and to tell you all what may stand as the most important story these lands can offer.

Stormhammer once stood together on this land. Given leave by Baronia's king to govern ourselves and choose our own leader, we stood behind mayor Darkmoon as he lead us in the battle against the forces of the Ravager. We stood with him when The Tear was ripped open across the world, and we stood with him as horrors poured out. As wave after wave of destruction washed over all we had fought to protect.

We found a ritual which could seal this tear, and a clever ritual it was. It made use of the very power the Ravager unleashed upon us to sew shut the rip in the world, and we prepared to perform it as one.

We gathered motes of darkness from his minions. We prepared a Greater Sanctuary which could give us the healing power to withstand the opposition we knew we would face when the Ravager learned of our plans. And we stood in that field, ready to lay down our lives to save this world, in the name of the Gods.

I, personally, helped create that sanctuary, and my husband went with a small group into the tear to seal it from the inside. We knew they might not return, but they went anyway, willingly, eagerly, to their fates. Our friend, Rowan Chun-Beo, was among them. He defended the ritualists who twisted the Ravager's power against its maser, and he stood fast as the ritual was completed and the others fled as the tear began to seal.

He stood there, defending the tear, until it was mended, making sure none of the Ravager's minions could stop it. And he was sealed behind that tear, in the Ravager's realm, giving himself to ensure that we would succeed.

Rowan Chun-Beo is the most corageous, selfless, and honorable human I shall ever meet. We owe our success to him as much as anyone who stood against the Ravager. And he payed a price far greater than death to ensure our success. It is for this reason that I raise to you this request.

Let this town forever after be known as Rowan's End. Let its name be a memorial for our fallen friend. Let the world know his name and of the sacrifice he made for all living beings in the last five hundred years. This spot is the last place he was ever seen, and we all owe him our lives. This dedication seems the least we could do to honor such a noble man who gave everything for us all.
Not so sure I like that name. Rowans Crossing sounded better.
The town's name should be decided at the Town council meeting on our next Gathering

It should also be mentioned the great sacrifice Fein made for us, the risks Darkwood and Durst took for us entering the Ravager's realm with Rowan, the scars Fierson bares from helping create that great sanctuary, and the weight we all suffer with for fighting that war.
The price we all paid to get to where we are.

I share this sentiment with you
The town should be, and will be, named after Rowan and his sacrifice
He was a good kid. He had heart and courage, in a world that had little of each. I will miss him.
was the name ever decided upon?
Rowan's Crossing is the consensus. Especially after that display Sunday.
Good to know, now I have something to get behind.