Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town Council
If we are having a vote on who gets to be on th council which I think is a great idea, because like Ru said Darkmoon is just making suggestions and can't just grant people positions, we should have a vote on mayor while we are at It. Do all of the voting at once and get it over with.
This is a temporary fix.
It's something to do until we have our proper election.
This needs to be handled quickly or the whole process is a waste.
These are not, and will not, be guaranteed permanent positions, we simply don't have enough information to make great changes like that.

This will be a patch to our sails that could keep us alive. A simple and painless way to have a semblance of order until we can create more permanent holdings.
And so far, I see no one else attempting to create order in our chaos. I am just trying to do what needs to be done here.

So apply for the positions, let's try and make this work, we stand together with this, and we may really have something to work off of here, that's better than anything we've had in the past. As long as we handle it swiftly.
Get it over with?

That is so ABSURD!

I'm sorry some people feel like lemmings and need someone to tell them how to tie their shoes.
Darkmoon, a temporary fix isn't going to work, it is just temporary. Are people going to listen to this council if they know it is going to change? We need a more permanent structure. Decided by the people of Rowan's crossing. There are people who do not look in the tavern for information and we are leaving them out of the decision making as well.
Power must be taken. Those ruled must consent. That consent can be coerced, or freely given. The power of a leader comes from that consent.

We must all live within this fortress of consensus that we build together. Build it too quickly and shoddily, and it offers little protection, like a tent. Build it slowly, with care, and it can endure like stone. Quickly choosing a leader offers no strength. No stability. I would rather have no leader than a weak one.
Thank you Aster.

And I have taken into consideration for all those that leave town and do not check the boards
Those who do not use their voice loudly, still deserve to be heard.
Simply because you speak loudly, or post frequently, does not mean you have any valid points.
It requires proof. Effort, hard work that's more than just holding a title.

This is the first step in something much greater, do we truly want chaos? Or do we just want to be sure our voices are heard?
People fear oppression, they fear tyranny, and they fear what they do not understand.
And that is why I understand all of the voices speaking to me their fears, Ive suffered the same fear in my past here.
I want our voices heard, but not to burden us. It is a difficult balance, but one I am trying to create, and it's nothing I can do alone.
I'm tired of people saying they have the information. I'm taking an official tally next moon on peoples thoughts and opinions on the questions being brought up.

-Ru
Who said they had information?
In my opinion.

If Darkmoon forced you what you should to do because he said so and some of them don't know how to do it. Yes, it is like built the wall too quickly and shoddily and not much strength to keep the wall stable. The enemies came up, saw the wall, pokes the wall, it knocked down easily, and the enemies laugh at us.

If we decided to wait, learn each other, gain trust, with no mayor, no laws, no guild, no scribe, no merchant, then vote in end of this year. It may run into chaos before the vote. Like anyone who is our townsfolk can get into selfish, thief, threaten, murder and destroying each other. It is like built the wall slowly, and give the wall max strength. Enemies came up, then laugh at us and jump over short wall.

Darkmoon asked need members for town council, some of the townsfolk interesting to be part of it and know what to do. It is like built the wall quickly in right way, and the wall is max strength. Enemies came up and tried to knocked it down, but they can't and gave up. That would be the best way for our town.
Well said Mog , well said.