Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Policy
Hi Everybody!

Knight Blades The Awakening is quickly approaching. Over the past 7 or so years we’ve learned some things about our game and our amazing players.

The game is exciting and a way to escape the doldrums of real life responsibility. With our rule system firmly tested we believe we provide a safe and respectful environment. Our Staff and players invest a lot of time and energy into the creation of the characters we play. With so much dedication it is not uncommon for us to experience real emotion while immersed in such a rich fantasy world. Emotions our characters feel must be acted out and reacted to with as much authenticity as possible. As we play/act/live these character’s “lives”, some people have experienced difficulty determining acting from reality.

Emotion aside, we strive to bring as much realism as can be created in a complete fantasy world. In order to create such a world, we must incorporate themes and motivations commonly found in the real world. Life and Death are huge motivators in this game. Surviving the world is always an adventure. Some fantasy themes require a certain maturity level to navigate the emotion and experiences felt by someone acting out their character.

With all these considerations and more, Knight Blades requires all new players to be 18 years old at a minimum. Anyone that has previously played our game will be “grandfathered” and allowed to continue playing, so long as they have the proper release forms.

We will continue to allow 16 and 17 year olds to NPC our game with the following conditions. They must be checked-in to the event by their parent/legal guardian each and every time they NPC. The parent/guardian must show their ID and will have a short conversation with a Staff member. During that conversation it will be explained how we operate, how their child is expected to conduct themselves, and how it is impossible for us to provide a direct supervisory role to their child for every moment they are at an event. Once that is done, they will sign the waivers associated with a minor.
Ryan NPC'd Larp-a-paloza. He'll be 16 in july and really wants to NPC/Staff KB. Is he grandfathered or does he need to wait till his birthday.
FYI, He is coming with me the 6th to plead his case to you. He has my full support if the question should arise.
See ya soon.
I plead my case to say Ryan is awesome and would love to see him be an NPC for KB.
We look forward to seeing him at the party this Saturday.