Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rule Book!
Quote:1) As Aaron asked, can we buy the skill that require "Taught Skill", if we had them before? (Ex: Agony)

You need to be taught again.

Quote:2) What are the characteristics of an "Item of Quality"?

There is no rule that the possessor of an Item of Quality needs to be aware of. The significance of Items of Quality is something that you must discover In-Game.

Quote:3) What happens if you try to attune a 6th magic item? Does it just fail, or a there side effects?

It cannot be attempted. You must drop an attunement to make room for a new magic item.

Quote:4) Our understanding is that "Cold Blooded Killer" does NOT requires Gift of Death as a prerequisite - Is this accurate?

Yes, you are correct.

Quote:5) Does taking Potioncraft/Poisoncraft give the player access to any recipes, or do you need all of them in game?

You do not start with any recipes, but all recipes currently in the game will still work.

Quote:6) If a rite or ritual fails, do we still permanently lose the ritual points?

Yes. Each attempt to cast a Ritual will permanently deplete the Player Character’s Ritual Casting Point pool.

Quote:7) Can you help clarify the difference between Mastery and Restricted Skills? We think we understand, but it's still a bit unclear.

It is mostly an In-Game distinction. A Master skill allows you to roleplay being a “Master XXXXX”. It is an unequivocal way to show that you have mastered your craft.

Quote:8) Sanctuary has 5 minute "cooldown", before you can cast it again. It looks like the Cloaks do not do have this restriction, correct?

The Cloak spells are the Mage equivalents of Sanctuary. They are supposed to have the same “cooling down” period. Thank you for noticing that. It is better to know now than find out later.

Quote:9) We didn't see anyplace that says Mages can't cast in armor - Are they able to now? Are they able to use shields?

Yes, they can do both!

Quote:10) Death Token Extraction doesn't seem mentioned - Is it still a thing?

No, it is no longer needed. The final death token is protected, but all others can be looted with no special skill required.

Quote:11) The Necromancy School mentions a "Harm" Spell, but this isn't included - Is this intentionally hidden, or just not included in the book?

Another attempt at a stealth skill! Hey, the rulebook says “abridged” right? OK, I checked for errors but did not see omissions because, well, they were not there! Sorry. I have added it to the book and uploaded it. Thanks for catching this.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

“Did you read the rulebook?”
(01-31-2016, 10:24 PM)Aaron Wrote: Also - If your character dies, does your new character start over at 0 MP?

This is something that we have not decided upon yet. The policy on this will be posted before the event and I will add it to the full version of the rulebook.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

Is there another cost for wild fire I'm missing cause it cost 10 same as fire ball but let's you cast fireball three times.
Thank you for the updates, Jay. You've been quick and understanding. Very agile. Wink

Question about the Compose Scrolls skills. The skills that let you make scrolls have a prerequisite of 2 Mastery points, but the skills aren't listed as having an M in the notes section. So, do they cost a Mastery Point per point of Scroll Creation, or do you simply have to have 2 MP to unlock access and their price is purely CP?

- Ashes
Is there a limit to starting spells? I didn't see one, and they are skills now, so, I assume not. but figured I would ask.
(02-01-2016, 04:37 PM)Ghola Wrote: Thank you for the updates, Jay. You've been quick and understanding. Very agile. Wink

Question about the Compose Scrolls skills. The skills that let you make scrolls have a prerequisite of 2 Mastery points, but the skills aren't listed as having an M in the notes section. So, do they cost a Mastery Point per point of Scroll Creation, or do you simply have to have 2 MP to unlock access and their price is purely CP?

- Ashes

I heard he's quick, never heard agile :-)

Anyway, this is a damn good question that I will leave in the hands of SwiftJay... I mean DarkJay.
(02-01-2016, 09:37 PM)Collin Darkwood Wrote: Is there a limit to starting spells? I didn't see one, and they are skills now, so, I assume not. but figured I would ask.

You are no longer held to 5 Starting Spells. The only limiting factors are any prerequisites and how much CP you're willing to spend.
(02-01-2016, 10:41 PM)Davis Wrote: You are no longer held to 5 Starting Spells. The only limiting factors are any prerequisites and how much CP you're willing to spend.
Thank you, that was my read of the situation, but it's good to have it clarified.

- Ashes
Wildfire is supposed to be 15 cp. Sorry for the typo. I will fix it later this morning.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

(02-01-2016, 04:37 PM)Ghola Wrote: Question about the Compose Scrolls skills. The skills that let you make scrolls have a prerequisite of 2 Mastery points, but the skills aren't listed as having an M in the notes section. So, do they cost a Mastery Point per point of Scroll Creation, or do you simply have to have 2 MP to unlock access and their price is purely CP?

- Ashes

You simply have to have 2 MP in order to buy the Compose Scrolls skill. It doesn't cost any MP.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff