Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Point System!!!
Hi Everybody!

I’m excited to announce, and we are happy to bring you, a new point system for KBA!

In addition to earning CP (character points) for the same things you always have, we are adding an additional point system - Mastery Points!

Mastery Points (MP) will be earned for attending and playing an event. Each event you play will earn you 1 MP. Playing four events in a row gets you a fifth MP for free! These points are important, because they are what allow you access to the most coveted skills of the game.

The MP system will require you to plan out your character with focus on the future. MP will be both pre-requisite for some skills and must be spent to purchase those skills. All skills that have MP as a pre-req will cost 1 MP to purchase in addition to its CP cost. Total MP, both spent and unspent, will count towards the prerequisites, but a spent MP is spent forever.
are they transferable like cp?
like like cant like this enough !!! FINALLY!!!
What do you mean by transferable Dave?
I think he means transferable in the way the character points are. How you can share them between your characters, or give them to other players. I might suggest that they are player specific. If having earned certain numbers of them is a prerequisite for access to certain skills, then being able to trade them amongst players could circumvent that clear progression limiter.

- Ashes
I'm trying to get in touch with him to figure out what he meant, but you're probably right about his intent, Ashley.
No, MP are not transferable. They are player specific.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

“Did you read the rulebook?”
OH BOY OH BOY! Big Grin
Let's say I want to buy slay. Do I have to spend 1 mastery point everytime I buy one or just the first time I buy slay ?
If I am reading the chart correctly, you have to purchase 5 greater criticals and have 2 mastry points to be able to purchase a slay. The cost of the slay is 15 CP and 1 MP per each slay.
Dressel - Props and Mischief