Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Character History
Hi Everybody!

Let’s take a few moments to discuss character histories for new characters. We have a unique situation here. There will be changes in the world while your character is sleeping. We want these changes to be a surprise to you, a bit of a mystery if you will. How can we accomplish this if we release a bunch of world info so you can write a history? We can’t actually so the world information will be released after the first event.

All new characters, for this first event, will have until the end of 2016 to submit their history. If you’re a new player, or you’re rolling a new character, you will receive the history points up front for your build. Also, our 55 questions are being reviewed, and there will be a slightly different set to answer about your Player Character History. Failure to submit a history by the deadline will result in a CP freeze until you’ve earned the equivalent amount of history points.

Please do not take this as a shutdown to your character development. It’s a great idea to think about and plan your character’s history. From our own character creation we know everyone has their own methods and for some, the history is the driving force. We just want you to be prepared. Some modifications may be needed to the history. This could range from nothing at all to significant change. You will have until the end of 2016 to make any necessary modifications and still get the CP for it.

If you have submitted your history or questions already, we thank you for your enthusiasm!
Quote:We just want you to be prepared. Some modifications may be needed to the history. This could range from nothing at all to significant change.

I am bumping this to emphasize it.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

“Did you read the rulebook?”
History submissions and questions will be officially ready next Sunday. More on this to come.
Dressel - Props and Mischief
Get ready to submit histories!!! Sunday evening, your memories start to come back. We will be taking histories, looking them over, checking to see that they are not conflicting with anything major, approving them, and awarding CP.

Players attending our first event will receive 50 CP for a turned in History (already given). Any histories for Characters going forward will receive up to 50 CP for submitting a Character History.

Here's how it will work:
Each question will be scored as a 0, 1, or 2.

0 CP will be given if the question is left blank. 1 CP for short or incomplete responses. 2 CP for a decent response. Extra CP may be given for answers that exceed expectations.

Character Histories will be reviewed and individually scored by Staff Members. Scores will then be averaged together.
where do we go to submit our histories?
I will be putting up the link tomorrow night. So stay tuned!
Will you be releasing a book of newly common knowledge to base them on?
It's possible to write against a blank canvas, but it's easier if you can say "Grew in City X, and wanted to join the YYY"
-CPD
You're looking for histories from new characters, but what about existing characters? Are updates cool?

- Ashes
I second ashley's question
@ Ash and Steve - you could document your dreams? Updates would be cool. Let Jay weigh in on this. I know 50 cp was given for histories with the understanding that they would be written, I just don't recall if that was for new characters or all characters. Colin, it is my understanding that there will be more world knowledge coming forth. When, I'm not wholly sure. I know there will be FOIGs in this. And using Xs and Ys make it so much easier for us to look for contradictions. These are great questions, sorry I am a little light on the answers.